I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
Traveling is hard without a good carry on luggage… Or is it?
The only problem: Finding that good carry on case that will fit all your needs.
Let’s dive right in and see if the Samsonite Winfield 2 is the perfect choice for you.
You can read more customer reviews here
The Samsonite luggage Winfield 2 fashion HS spinner is very light, and this allows you to move around with ease.
The case is flexible enough to sustain many bumps without receiving damage, and with the help of its brushed pattern, getting scratches will be hard.
Samsonite is a brand that inspires confidence, and Winfield 2 delivers exactly what they advertise…and much more.
Winfield 2 is available in three size cases: 20, 24 and 28 inches.
You can also purchase the 3-piece set if you want to save some money, rather than buying the cases one by one.
And if you are wondering ??
The cases do fit into each other for perfect storage if you need it.
In this review, I will focus on the 20-inch case since it’s the base model for the others, and it will fit in the overhead of most airlines, even the ones with tough size requirements if you chose to travel with them.
The Winfield 2 20” is accepted as carry on luggage for all airlines, international or domestic.
- 13.5 x 9 x 20 inches
- Weighs only 6.7 pounds
- Made of 100% Polycarbonate
- Built-in TSA compliant locking system
- Fits in the overhead compartment of planes
- Designed to absorb impact
- Fully-lined interior with cross-straps
- 3 handles for easy carrying
- 8 colors: Charcoal, Brushed Anthracite, Burgundy, Orange, Deep Blue, Purple, Navy, Teal
The Winfield case has side rear handles to enable you to pull it out of the overhead bin, regardless of how you had initially positioned it.
It is easy to maneuver and can pack enough belongings for a few days.
It is expandable using a zippered expander, just in case you need to pick up some last-minute items on your way to the airport.
This is not true for the Winfield 20″ carry on case. Only the bigger cases can expand, not the 20” one.
How does it roll?
It rolls flawlessly with the help of its multi-directional spinner wheels, is super light, and has this sleek look to it that is surprising and appealing.
It is wheeled and hence easy to move and most importantly, performs best on polished surfaces, but it struggles on cobblestone, so I wouldn’t consider this carry on for a trip to Europe.
The Winfield 2 case is a clamshell design, meaning that it opens into two halves, thus allowing you to access the full interior.
This is a nice option if you need to carry large items, and it will also help by reducing the appearance of wrinkles on your clothes.
The 8 colors currently available are a nice addition since, in the beginning, you only had 4 options.
It is a high-performing piece of carry-on luggage.
The suitcase has good capacity, is very efficient and is a high-quality product.
The hard shell of the Samsonite Winfield 2 20” is crafted from 100% polycarbonate with sharp molded details that guarantee maximum durability.
The Samsonite Winfield 2 20” has divided compartments and a fully-lined interior with non-elastic cross-straps that are adjustable, which provide more packing options and prevent undesirable shifting of contents.
It has a privacy curtain with fully zipped organizer pockets.
It absorbs impact while under stress by being flexible and then going back to its original form after that.
Winfield 2 has an elegant brushed polycarbonate pattern that hides any potential scratches from wear and tear and makes them invisible.
The Winfield 2 20” comes with a TSA approved 3 combination lock
This guarantees peace of mind, as it is accessible by TSA agents if the case needs to be searched.
It has a retractable handle and wheels, which make moving from one point to another easy.
The handle provides easy maneuverability when it’s extended from the case and stores neatly inside when it’s not in use.
Its efficient four-wheel design is the most known benefit of the Samsonite Winfield 2 20” Spinner.
The high-quality wheels enable you to pull this bag flawlessly on polished surfaces.
You can also push this bag in front of you.
The wheels, however, are not large and wide enough to handle uneven surfaces like other luggage carry-ons.
Its four multi-directional spinner wheels allow 360 degrees upright rolling, so there is barely any weight on your arm.
You can also roll it on 2 wheels, but I will advise you to watch your angle to avoid dragging it.
It is a manageable bag specially made to fit in most airline overhead compartments; however, it may not conform to some crazy airline carry-on standards, so you should check them before buying one.
Its design, both on the front and back, is unified.
At 20 x 13 x 9, the Samsonite Winfield 2 20” measures two inches shorter than some of the other bags. However, it has a surprisingly large internal volume.
- It is very durable thanks to the hard-sided shell, which is made from 100% Polycarbonate.
- Excellent rolling action…this is because of the efficient four-wheel design, thus enabling you to push and pull with ease on smooth surfaces.
- Wears evenly.
- Sleek design…it looks beautiful and shiny, which gives it a tidy, elegant look.
- Useful internal divider… this allows you to fit everything you require in one place, and also, the straps allow your content to remain intact.
- Easy to access items… this could also be from the compartment, and it also helps you to separate dirty clothes from clean ones, thus easy access.
- Easy to identify… if you pick the right color.
- Good capacity… it surprisingly has a large internal space. Its capacity is ideal for under a week’s trip.
- High quality… arguably, it has one of the best qualities out there as almost everything is designed to perfection.
- Lightweight… this is everyone’s goal. The Samsonite Winfield 2 20” is the one for you since it is extremely lightweight. It is one of the lightest bags out there and weighs 6.7 lbs (without straps).
- Stylish… its design is in every way classy and professional.
- Corners well… the Samsonite bag’s square-ish edges significantly decrease the chances of being smashed.
- The zippers on this bag are legit and sound. They can be self-repaired when overloaded and spoilt.
- High-selling item…as a high-selling item, it means that people find it suitable for most of their needs. This also helps in finding spare parts if you damage the case for whatever reason.
- Scratches easily… even though it is designed to take the brunt of the sliding and scratching. Scratches start forming after a short time of use. This could be mainly due to its glossy finish.
- Small capacity… it has a relatively small size, and some may find it too small.
- The Winfield 2 20” is not expandable, despite some people believing it is; larger models are.
- There’s no side carry handle. Therefore, it is a bit challenging carrying it up and down the stairs.
- It does not have exterior pockets, which is a disadvantage because you cannot put magazines or any last-minute additions without opening the bag.
What about the Windfield 3
There is indeed a new Winfield on the market,
but it’s only available in Canada and despite some minor changes to the style and dimensions of the bag, Samsonite didn’t make any major update with the Winfield 3.
Samsonite Winfield 3 it’s now available and you can read the full review.
I guess the saying: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, is true even for a big brand like Samsonite.
The Winfield 2 is one of the best carry-on in its class, and with so many happy customers, who am I to argue with them.I forgot to mention that this carry on is quite sturdy for its weight and you can carry up to 90 lbs. of stuff inside without breaking it …or 51.9183 liters…or 6 outfits.
The Winfield 2 carry-on is a high-performance piece of luggage, despite its minor drawbacks.
Its quality is excellent, and it comes with a ten-year warranty.
It can be used for long vacations, family, and business trips without any hassle.